Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ask The DJ - Uploading Files [SOLVED} - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Are there any known issues with uploading either .txt or .csv files? It worked perfectly last week but today, when I press save, nothing is uploading. Maybe a bug somewhere that needs investigating perhaps? Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 2:13 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 3:31 pm
Sorry Max...I knew someone had mentioned it to me but couldn't remember. I will go over and comment on yours - they can close this one if easier.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 3:38 pm
Can you try uploading and testing files of different sizes? I just uploaded 114 songs, then 135... 300 and back to 114 without issue.

How big are your catalogs?

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 7:28 pm
Mine are 373KB - last week's file was only a little bit smaller and the .csv uploaded with no problem (I've overwritten the file with the updated one so can't tell you the exact size it was).

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 8:10 pm
Have just tried uploading 61KB and still nothing :/

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 8:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, lets troubleshoot a bit...
When you go here https://www.virtualdj.com/ask/setup.html and choose a file to upload, and then click SAVE, does it show you a number of lines next to the Choose File button in the catalog area ?

If it does, then it should also show you the options in the http://www.virtualdj.com/ask/

I just tried to export a Playlist to CSV through VirtualDJ, then uploaded the file and worked fine. Not sure if there is size limit, but the one i tried had 55 tracks/lines and worked fine.
Please provide further details (screenshots/videos) and also the Web Browser you are using , Mac/PC etc.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 1:16 am
I was able to upload 110 and 3008 lines. But, when I tried 121811, it paused for a long time and gave me an error page. I have not seen an error page before.

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: TRgNV_essx4_hx-ID7rfJdrc4CO-Qi1_ewOlWSXXUVZA4dZAezLnyw==

I also found I could not log into this forum with Edge as my browser. I am going to try uploading with IE now.

EDIT: That previous file load that gave the error showed 12170 lines when I opened it in IE.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 3:42 am
I tried uploading a large file with IE. I received the same type of error as above.
This time it made it to 29660 lines.The file had over 40,000 lines.

I'll try with smaller files and see if there is a cutoff point that is repeatable.

EDIT: After the error I went to retry smaller files. It had made it to the final number of 40155. I wonder if the website was returning as completed when it was still processing. The two errors are new for me though. I do believe it may be a size thing.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 3:53 am
Not getting anything at all when I press save - it is just going back to the top of the page and not showing any file uploaded. I remember seeing the number of rows part when file uploaded last week but nothing this week.

Win 10
Tried with Firefox & Google Chrome
11,151 rows (both .csv & .txt files identical)
No joy :(

Last week's file would have been 77 rows less and the .csv file did upload but the .txt file wouldn't.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 7:52 am
I have just re-saved the file again as .csv, this time not changing the excel spreadsheet in any way, and it has started to upload. Before, I adjusted the column size and then save. However, I did get an error message and setup is showing only 11,150 rows - now I know it's only 1 row but that means something is missing ;) Screen grab of the Error Message here:

.txt file upload returns the same error but does upload and gives me 11,151 rows...strange!

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 8:01 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe the upload script is running to long?

Some webservers kill a script after 30 seconds if it is still running.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 9:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Either a filesize limit is set or the Browser times out. Will find out more details and let you know.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 3:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should be working again now.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 6:02 am
What is the limit??

I'm trying a 5.9mb and it wont work. Everytime I try to save it the file doesn't save.

Basically its my entire catalog.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 5:11 pm
I know its saturday but figured it was a simple question??

I've tried on Internet Explorer and Chrome but nothing works......

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 11:28 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I know its saturday but figured it was a simple question??

I've tried on Internet Explorer and Chrome but nothing works......

Hey bud, are you trying the html or csv?

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 11:57 pm
CSV

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 12:09 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Make sure the csv is saved as utf8

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 7:21 am
Ok cool, just got home so ill try again in the morning.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 17 Jul 16 @ 8:57 am
43%